Today in New York, the Women’s Forum Second Colloquium of senior women from science, medicine, business, law and the media will discuss “Visions for the Future: What Will it Mean to Be Human?” The panels will take place 3:30 – 5:30 pm today, followed by The Education Fund Awards at 5:30 and Reception, 6:30 – 7:30 pm, at The Graduate Center / CUNY, 365 Fifth Avenue at 34th Street, Proshansky Auditorium, Concourse Level. To attend or gain information, contact Lynthia Romney, (914) 238-2145; firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Colloquium will address how Artificial Intelligence, robotics, and genealogy are converging to redefine our society and the ethics that bind it. Moderated by Carol Hymowitz, it will feature:
– Dr. Cynthia Breazeal, Founder and Director, Personal Robotics Group,
– Judith E. Glaser, CEO, Benchmark Communications
– Amy Harmon, Correspondent, New York Times, Pulitzer Prize, “The DNA
– Margo L. Jefferson, Professor, Columbia University, Pulitzer Prize
— Marney Morris, CEO, Animatrix
– Dara Richardson-Heron, M.D., CEO, Komen Greater NYC
– Ann Sarnoff, President, Dow Jones Ventures
– Ellen Schall, Dean, NYU Robert F. Wagner Graduate School of Public
– Edie Weiner, Futurist, President, Weiner, Edrich, Brown, Inc.
– Alice Young, Partner & Chair of Asia Pacific Practice, Kaye Scholer