- Interesting news article about a local genealogy group striving to save county records: http://www.wthitv.com/Global/story.asp?S=9035551
- My Ancestors Found has a new name: FamilyHistoryExpos.
- Ancestry.ca has launched online Canadian Passenger Lists, 1865-1935, which contains more than 7.2 million names, including 5.6 million of those who traveled from around the world to start a new life in Canada.
- Lincoln Legacy: The Homestead Act, the 20th annual Governors Conference on North Dakota History, will be held Nov. 7-8 at the North Dakota Heritage Center in Bismarck. The actual Homestead Act document with Lincolns signature, on loan from the National Archives, will also be on display during the conference.
- Wevonneda Minis , of the Charleston Post and Courier, blogged this week about a new way to get documents more quickly.
- A writer in the Huntsville Times remembers those displaced by the TVA in the last century.
- A memorial to a Black Civil War Regiment is to be unveiled in New Haven, CT.
This entry was posted in And More...
. Bookmark the permalink