Cyndi’s List (www.cyndislist.com) has been fighting an intellectual property. This site is always the first one I mention in my popular talk, “Five Favorite Free Genealogy Sites” (which, by the way, I am presenting in Foley, AL this Saturday). Cyndi has been working tirelessly on this site for over a decade and a half, and it is her livelihood. For someone to swoop in, take all her hard work and post it elsewhere for profit is beyond the pale.
Cyndi posted this on Facebook:
People are still asking how they can help me. I can’t tell you how overwhelmed I am with the generosity and kindness being shown to me. It means the world to me. There are several ways you can help:
1. Tell others about Cyndi’s List: http://www.CyndisList.com/
2. Submit new links that I don’t yet have: http://www.CyndisList.com/
3. Report broken links: http://www.CyndisList.com/
4. Donations are very welcome to help me pay attorney’s fees and also to defer the cost of the upgrade: http://www.CyndisList.com/
5. Share Cyndi’s List online with others:
6. Shop online and Cyndi’s List earns commissions:
So that is what I want my readers to do today. Strike a blow for intellectual property rights! Post about Cyndi’s List on your blog/feed/web page. Find a new link for Cyndi to add. Do all the other things she listed. Let’s help Cyndi fight this!