Eight years ago today, I arrived in Paris with a group of students (including my two children) for a two-week tour of France. That Bastille Day was great fun. The original one maybe not so much. Still, if you have some French genealogy, you might want to check out these sites today:
- Footnote has some documents related to the Bastille
- This site has a list of all those executed by the guillotine. It’s in French, so you may need to translate it.
- The French president’s site has a page (in English) on the history of 14 July.
- Cyndi’s List has a whole page of links related to France.
- This clip from Casablanca c’est formidable!
- And this site has the French National Anthem‘s history and lyrics.